Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Skinfood Salmon Brightening Eye Cream

Annyeong~ Already miss me? *eww lol. Okay today I'm back with another review for you and this one is from Skinfood (。⌒∇⌒)。

As I have severe and mad dark circles under my eyes *facepalm* I need something to fix it so at least it won't become any worse lol. Coz I have sensitive skin, I can't use any random products *sigh*. Back then I tried an eye cream from Faceshop and I really surprised to see my skin was allergic to it (#`Д´). I never had any problems with Faceshop products before and therefore I think the formula was too harsh for my sensitive skin. I browsed on google to find any eye cream that has brightening effect and safe for sensitive skin and voila! I found this Skinfood Salmon Brightening Eye Cream (⌒▽⌒). I've used it for several months and here's what I think. Keep reading to find out (*^ワ^*)




Description:

The Skin Food Salmon Brightening Eye Cream (Whitening Cosmeceutical) 30g

Salmon Brightening Eye Cream contains Arbutin and the extracts of Omega 3 rich salmon roe produced in Hokkaido, Japan. This eye cream brightens and relieves dark circles around the eyes.

After using the toner, apply an appropriate amount around your eyes, and tap the area lightly to help the skin absorb it.




the cap

me holding the jar


Packaging:

This eye cream comes in a heavy jar made with some kind of metal (I don't know exactly what it is made from but surely it's not made from cheapo plastic).  I love the salmon illustration on the cap and the label is like a seal but it is not (^_^). The cap does a good job in keeping the product safe inside the jar. I brought it when I traveling before and it wasn't leaked at all 。◕‿◕。. It contains 30g that explains why the jar is a bit heavy ( ̄ー ̄). You can see how big the jar is by the picture of me holding it above ^^



 watery texture


Application: 

First time I tried this eye cream I was a bit surprised to see how the texture of this eye cream is watery. I could say this is the most watery eye cream I've ever tried lol (*≧ω≦). Honestly I prefer this kind of texture than the thick one. Why? Coz I always find the watery texture is easier to spread and absorb faster into my skin (*´・v・). It doesn't feel greasy nor sticky on my skin which is probably what I love the most from this eye cream hihihi (≧▽≦). A little goes a long way so you only need a little amount and it's enough for both eyes. Save your wallet! lol (*≧▽≦). I notice a bit of floral scent from this salmon eye cream but don't worry it doesn't has any negative effect on my sensitive skin (v^_^)v


 swatch on my hand

spread it out

absorb pretty fast! (*^^*)


Result:

After a few months using this cream, I could see my severe dark circles are slightly brighter than before ⊙△⊙. It also relaxes and soothes my tired eyes from staring at my laptop screen all day long ( ̄︶ ̄). I need a bunch amount of concealer to hide my dark circles and that makes my under eyes area become dry coz of the concealer -_-. That's why I usually use this eye cream before applying my concealer and it helps my concealer to goes smoother and prevents my under eye area to become dry (^v^). To minimize my dark circles, I've also tried to sleep earlier and clean my face with cold water. And......it works! I don't think you can minimize your dark circles if you often sleep late like I did back then ( ̄へ ̄). But if your schedule won't allow you to sleep earlier, maybe you can try to wash your face with cold water and try this eye cream (^_−). I love how the formula isn't too rich and friendly with my sensitive skin. My sis has milia under her eyes and this eye cream didn't make it worse o(*゚▽゚*)o. Good! 


Like:
  • Nice and safe packaging
  • The size is big
  • Watery texture
  • A little goes a long way
  • Easy to spread
  • Absorb pretty fast
  • Doesn't feel greasy or sticky on my skin
  • The formula is safe and not too rich for my sensitive skin
  • Has relaxing floral scent
  • Relaxes and soothes my tired eyes
  • Help my concealer goes smoother
  • (Slightly) brightens my dark circles
  • Cheap!

Dislike:
  • Nothing I found lol

Where to get:

I get mine at Riebutik just for Rp 155.000 (around US$ 16). Very cheap right? For its big size *cheapskate lol. You may place your pre-order on them as they currently don't have this eye cream on their ready stock (⇀‸↼‶)


Okay that's it for today~ Do you have any request what review should I post on the next post? Skincare? Makeup? Japanese, Korean or Western brand? Let me know in the comment (● ̄(エ) ̄●)

Thanks for reading and bye bye~ (^._.^)ノ





10 comments:

  1. dr dulu aku takut klo eye cream ini bau salmon beneran, trnyata engga ya, Jes, malah wangi floral.. hahhaa :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha aku jg sebelum coba mikir dulu jangan jangan beneran bau salmon lagi eh ternyata baunya enak :D

      Delete
  2. Ini ada kandungan parabennya ga? Pernah nyobain yang baviphat dark circle eraser eye cream? Aku mau beli tp bgg antara 2 itu.
    Makasih :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, aku ga terlalu yakin soal ingridients nya soalnya semuanya ditulis dalam hangeul >.< sorry my korean still very poor ^^'''
      hmm aku sih ga oernah nyobain produk baviphat selain masker nya dan eye cream skinfood ini paling banyak review nya di internet mmakanya aku berani coba hehehe :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this great review. Nice blog btw.

    Keep bloggin'
    xx

    bitt3r-suess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sankyuuu :D :D
      sure! I'll keep blogging as it's one of my passion now <3

      Delete